Whats up guys! I hope your Day is going great as you make progress toward your goals!
As we know, one key step to achieving our fitness goals and keeping our Monday’s energized is feeding the body the right food! It can be very difficult to do this if you’re always on the go and only have time to grab the fastest thing available.
The solution to this problem is to MEAL PREP! I know that’s almost a “Bad word” to some people because they think they will spend to much time meal prepping. The truth is, you save way more time and money when you plan and execute properly! On average, I might spend 2 hours cooking a week, and I’m supplied with all the food I need to achieve my goals! So here’s what you need to do:
- Assess your goals- Figure out your goals and what you need to eat to get there. It’s not going to be the same for everyone! An 18 year old eats A LOT differently than a 60 year old.
- Plan ahead- It’s time to figure out how often you’re going to eat, how much at a time and what’s on the menu!
- Make a list- Stick to it! Once you’ve established a plan, you know what you need, and how much! Practice saying “no” to yourself when you walk by the cookies! It’s very simple… if you don’t buy them you can’t eat them!
- Cook- This is the hard part for most people. They either don’t know how or they just don’t want to. I try to keep the menu for the week down to about 3-4 different dishes, so I can cook in bulk. This doesn’t mean it has to be chicken and broccoli. I eat something different every week because there are a lot of healthy alternatives out there!
- Pre Package- Do all the work at one time! Package your food so you can grab and go. You’ll save time in the long run, and will always have the right amount.
There it is! Pretty simple, right? If this helped you, please share it with someone else that needs any extra guidance!